HA|GT Courses and Certification
Arizona State University online graduate certificate in gifted education (January 13,2020)
ASU’s online graduate certificate in Gifted Education prepares teachers, school administrators, school psychologists, behavior analysts, and family members to work effectively with gifted children.
- SPE 572: Testing and Measurement in Gifted Education: MethodsCovers current and historical aspects of testing and measurement in the field of gifted education.
- SPE 573: Differentiating Instruction for Gifted Learners: Teaching MethodsExplores the design of differentiated curriculum and instruction for gifted learners in elementary and secondary education.
- SPE 587: Special Populations in Gifted Education: In-depth analysis of major controversies in educating the gifted, including nature/nurture, the role of mental tests, and sex differences.
- SPE 588: The Gifted Learner: Foundations of Identification, Education and DevelopmentGifted children's characteristics, identification, needs, school and home environments, definitions, and misunderstandings.
- SPE 589: Teaching the Gifted Learner: Models, Methods, and ProgramsMethods in teaching elementary and secondary school gifted children, including individualized and computer-assisted instruction, team teaching
The online program is designed for those new to gifted education and for experienced educators.
Enrollment Available Online- February 7, 2020
Quarter Begins- March 30, 2020
Quarter Ends- June 12, 2020
Enrollment Available Online- October 25, 2019
Quarter Begins- January 6, 2020
Quarter Ends- March 21, 2020
Enrollment Available Online- May 1st, 2020
Quarter Begins- June 22, 2020
Quarter Ends- September 12, 2020